I am holding #SyntheticStock position in $CELG. 105/105/100 for July. Last night I was assigned the 105 Puts.
I was still in the process of covering max loss by selling Calls and would have achieved this if the roof had not fallen in!
Would appreciate your thought’s on the the best way to handle this.
@fuzzballl, did you originally hold XLY as a synthetic stock and if so have you converted to #Long Calls #Leaps?
I’m presently holding Jan 2019 101/101/99 and am tempted to convert. Would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Jeff, are you still holding $SPX Mar 21st 2710/2735 call spreads? I opened the 2715/2740 and just wondering what your plan was for rolling.
Schwab shows trading halted!
#syntheticStock – “To Hedge or not to Hedge that is the question”
I entered the July trade 28/28/26 with a total debt 3.65 requiring 0.14 a week to cover. At the time of opening the trade I missed selling a hedge call, position started moving in the right direction so I decided to hold back, that is until Friday when I sold 02/02 31 at 0.17. The way the trade was going makes you wonder if you’re sometimes better off not to Hedge, or at which point to cover.
Would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to all
Once again Jeff, thank you for creating “Option Bistro” and all you do maintaining the site
SPX long call spread closed
Sold to close SPX Dec 15th 2665/2685 LONG call spreads for 5.50, bought Dec 8th for 3.00. Will be away tomorrow and did not want to chance a pull back. Thanks Jeff