Closed $VRTX Feb 2nd 167.5 calls for .55. Looks like we may be basing for the day, so closed the calls and will wait and close the short puts on a bounce.
Closed $AAPL Feb 2nd 162.5 short put for .70. Sold yesterday for 1.65. Looks like I’ll be assigned some stock today.
$AMZN – My strangles will be fine but having to decide when to close the iron butterfly. Right now it has about a $1200 profit but that will slip away if we keep going higher. Watching closely.
#Earnings #IronButterfly This one is worth trying each quarter in case AMZN does not move much. Risking 2.95 to make 37.05.
Sold $AMZN 1410/1450/1490 iron butterfly for 37.05. Will profit if AMZN ends tomorrow between 1412.95 and 1487.05.
#Earnings This one has not moved much on recent earnings, so doing a neutral #IronButterfly.
Sold $VRTX Feb 2nd 160/167.5/175 IB for 5.75, 5.56, 5.48 (total of 3, avg price 5.597 — I could only get 1 to fill at a time, and kept having to lower my ask).
Biggest UP move: 7.8%, Biggest DOWN move: -5.9%, Average move: 2.5%.
Risking 2.15 to make 5.59. Breakevens at Friday’s expiration: 161.91 and 173.09, or about +/- 4.3%.
Here are its last 12 earnings moves: -2.1%, -4.4%, 0.7%, 0.2%, 0.0%, 0.2%, 2.7%, 0.3%, 5.1%, 7.8%, -0.4%, -5.9%.
#SPXcampaign Since $SPX has been up only 5 times in the last 20 years on the last day of the year, I closed the put side of this #IronButterfly. Letting the call side expire.
Closed $SPX Dec 29th 2690/2665 put spread for 7.40. Sold in an #IBroll for 17.55 last week (with 2690/2715 calls)
Also, trying to shake up this dull market: Sold June 3rd 2650/2675/2690/2715 #IronCondor for 6.50. These expire in just two trading days. My expectation is a slight drop tomorrow and then an up day on Tuesday.
#SPXcampaign Closed on GTC order:
$SPX Jan 5th 2525/2500 put spreads for .20. Sold for 1.45.
Looks like I’ll be stopping my only short call spread: the Jan 12th 2730/2755 sold last week. Not sure when I can sell those safely again. We already hit my target for the 29th: 2690. That’s where I have an #IronButterfly centered. Reached the target only one day after selling it.
#SPXcampaign Sold $SPX Dec 27th 2665/2640 put spreads for 4.60, as a #ReverseRoll from Dec 26th calls stopped earlier.
Closed Dec 22nd 2670/2695 call spreads for 11.60. Sold yesterday for 5.55.
#IBroll to Dec 29th 2665/2690/2690/2715 #IronButterfly. Shooting for ending the year at or near 2690, but either way I can roll as necessary.
1. NVDA: Fully closed the #JadeLizard sold for 3.62, partial cover at 1.62 yesterday, rest covered today at 1.35
2. BA: Closed the contrarian BePS, closed for .66 shy of full loss. Prob of touch is still high enough I should have held, but it’s just continuing to be a train.
3. LRCX: Closed the #PutRatioSpread for over 50% gain, 1.45, $1555.00. Recovery mission on big loss last week.
4. MSFT: #Bitty closed for 50%, this was Jan 80/75 BuPS for .82 cr, covered .41
5. SPX : I’m kind of thinking we see a strong market into next week’s expiration, so rolled the short puts on the #RocketManHedge from 2605 to 2625. Realized $2820 in the roll.
6. SPY: Opened #SpikedLizard for January. Part 1: 264/265/267 for 3.74 cr Part 2 (spike) 260/253 ratio put spread for .05. No upside risk, downside BE is 253 due to the spike. Need SPY price above $260 for meaningful profit. 50% target. I’d like to ladder these every 2 weeks.
7. SPX: Opened 7DTE #Bitty I said I didn’t want to do 7DTE Bitties any more, but betting we see an upside into next week’s expiration. Of course I could be all wrong. Got more credit than usual on these. Dec 15 2630/2625 BuPS for average price of .875 credit, 50% target
8. TXN: Opened BuPS for January 97.5/95 for .72, 50% target
9. TJX: Continued defense. Sold Dec 15 calls to adjust deltas
10. MU: Opened #EarningsRunUp trade based on historical backtesting. Partial position. Dec 22 47.5 call for 1.04.
11. PIR: Closed #EarningsRunUp trade for 28% profit, bought at .35, sold at .45
12. ABBV: Opened #BuPS for January 92.5/90 for .56, target 50%
13. FLIR: Opened #SyntheticCoveredCall for January 47 puts for 1.40, very high historical win rate on short puts for this company
14. BBY: Closed the contrarian BePS for loss, salvaging .60 from max loss
15. AAPL: I already have a BuPS on for next week, used this little upswing today to sell calls converting it to an #IronButterfly.