Non financial article about bitcoin, sure uses a lot of energy. I suppose when the energy to maintain it is more than the value that is when the bubble will burst. Now, wish I had bought 100 share in 2011, now worth 4 million.
Pretty quiet trading day for me, thanks again for everyone’s good ideas:
1. Took the HD BePS profit I was expecting this morning (Bought 1.09, sold 1.59)
2. Bought PIR long calls for Earnings run up (closes 1 day before earnings), target 40%
3. SHAK BePS for retracement from extreme up move, .84 debit, target 50%, trade is green
4. BA BePS for retracement from extreme up move, 1.21 debit, 50% target, trade is red
5. ADSK #ShortPuts for Mar, thank you for the idea @jsd501
6. I’m keeping 2 short /ES contracts hedged with short puts, rolled short puts to next week for additional credit. This “Z” contract will run out pretty soon.
7. CVX closed BuCS for 50% loss (I’m testing using “probability of touch” as a stop on debit trades)
8. RCII There was an almost 10,000 contract opening call sale today for Jan 13 calls, so I bought a BePS Jan 13/11 for 1.14 (paid less than intrinsic). Following the “smart money” fund flow on this (I realize this may be Trader setting a hedge vs a spec trade, but it’s limited risk)
9. New NDX #Bitty Dec 29 6125/6120 for .85 cr, 50% target
Active Greens: ADSK, AFL, AMC, BBY, ETFC,FB, LRCX, MNST, MSFT,NDX,NTNX,ORCL, SHAK, TTWO,
Active Reds: AAPL, ALGN, DLTR, JPM, LMT, NUE, PIR, QQQ, SPY, ULTA, /ES, BA (net green)
3% return on capital today
#Earnings – I’ve got the AZO winner in the bank so rolling the dice on all my RH profits with a defined risk iron fly 10 wide with an expected move of 11.75. Risk about 2 to make 8. Leaning slightly bullish with the stock sitting at support.
Sold AVGO DEC 8 2017 255.0/265.0/275.0 Iron Fly @ 7.82
Sold NVDA JAN 17 2020 190.0 Puts @ 37.75
Bought NVDA JAN 17 2020 190.0 Calls @ 43.70
Adding tight disaster puts. If it implodes I’ll roll this down and re-invest the profits back into more longs.
Bought to Open NVDA JAN 17 2020 185.0 Puts @ 35.05
This gives a net debit of 41.00 for the Jan 2020 position. Add the 5 point max downside and get a max loss possibility of 46.00. Based on that, and the 110 weeks remaining in the trade I only need to average about 42 cents per week in sales to cover the absolute worst case scenario. And…NVDA has great weekly premium.
Sneaking my first sale in this week to cover the small DIS loss:
Sold NVDA DEC 8 2017 195.0 Calls @ .48
#SyntheticStock – As @1strangealien and I were discussing down below I’ve bailed on DIS for a small loss and established a new position in NVDA (one of my favorites). Decent liquidity and great premium for weekly selling against the long term position.
DIS details: (I’ll post seperately with the NVDA details)
Sold to Close Jan 2020 100 strike synthetic stock @ 6.90
Sold to Close Jan 2020 90 strike disaster puts @ 5.50
Bought to Close Jun 2018 105 calls @ 6.70
Net credit of 5.70 plus front month premium received of .40 so 6.10 total. Cost to enter the trade was 6.63 so final numbers work out to a loss of .53. I’ll roll that into my NVDA cost and have it made up this week. LOL Hate a loser but really wanted a crack at NVDA so happy to close it.